The issue of costs is always of concern to all separating couples when they are faced with funding two households usually with the same resources they had for one.
One of the benefits of family mediation is that the costs of the sessions are fixed which can help with budgeting. As no two families are the same from the outset I will advise you of your likely cost by letting you know how many sessions you may need and this will be reviewed at every session.
My fees are detailed below for Miam and Mediation sessions. In addition you may also be eligible for the Government Mediator Voucher scheme introduced in 2021 which provides eligible clients with a voucher of £500 towards the cost of their mediation (excluding Miams). Please contact me to discuss eligibility further.
ASSESSMENTS MEETINGS (MIAMs)
• £105.00 PER PERSON (This includes any paperwork required for court)
• Sessions are charged a £400 for a two-hour meeting. This may be paid equally i.e. £200 per person or in whatever proportions are agreed from the outset.
• This fee includes routine telephone calls, letter, emails or other admin duties outside of the meeting.
• This fee also includes written outcome documents provided after every meeting which are confidential documents you can show your legal adviser.
DETAILED MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING DOCUMENT
• POA. This is a detailed summary of the whole mediation which can greatly assist your solicitor in the drafting of a legally binding court agreement. It records background information, joint proposals and guiding principles and includes also, if applicable, an Open Financial Summary which records details of any financial disclosure undertaken.